If you’ve never used a dog car seat, you’re probably wondering how they work and which ones are worth buying.
It’s simple – all dog car seats have room for your pup to move around, walk around, and sit up tall. Some have special grooves that fit your Jack Russell’s leash or collar so he doesn’t get loose while you’re driving.
The best dog car seats are also made of strong materials that can hold up to your Jack Russell’s playful nature. Some even come with pockets or compartments where you can stash extra treats, poop bags, a water bottle – anything you need for the road.
We’ve rounded up some of the best dog car seats for Jack Russells that will transform your road trip from a boring, snooze-fest to an epic journey. These awesome dog car seats are guaranteed to keep your pup entertained (and safe) while you’re cruising down the highway.
The ultimate comfort in booster seats. This seat will elevate your Jack Russell for either the front seat or back seat. The back of the car seat is contoured for a better fit inside the vehicle.
- This booster seat can be used in either the front seat or back seat of your car.
- The elevated bottom gives your Jack Russell the chance to look out the window and enjoy the view.
- The back of the seat is contoured for a better fit inside of your vehicle.
- Adjustable security tether keeps your Jack Russell secure and safe.
- Zippered cover is easy to remove and machine washable.
Give your Jack Russell a view of the open road with the PetSafe Happy Ride Quilted Booster Seat. This cozy seat is fully adjustable to help your dog see out the window while out for a ride. It’s made with wonderfully soft quilted microsuede and features a quilted pad liner for the ultimate in-car ride comfort.
Your Jack Russell’s harness can attach to the included safety tether to prevent him from roaming around while the car is in motion. It also features straps for the headrest and seat belt loops for stability—a great way to help prevent car sickness and anxiety. The zippered storage pocket is a convenient place to store your pup’s essentials. And the durable stain-resistant shell is machine washable for easy clean-up.
- This booster seat elevates your Jack Russell so he can see out the window of your car.
- Attach your furry friend’s harness to the safety tether for added security.
- Straps and seatbelt loops help keep the seat stable and the car ride smooth – designed to prevent motion sickness or anxiety.
- Made with soft quilted microsuede and a quilted pad liner for a cozy and comfortable ride.
- Features a convenient storage pocket and machine-washable shell.
Keep your Jack Russell safe and comfy wherever your adventures take you with the K&H Pet Products Travel Safety Pet Carrier. It makes getting on the road with your furry friend safer by securely fastening him to the car seat, and keeping him from moving around while you drive.
Your Jack Russell will love being part of the ride because he can enjoy full visibility thanks to its mesh design and large doors for easy petting access. Simply place the carrier in the car seat, use the strap to wrap around the headrest and bottom of the seat with the seatbelt, and guide your pup in.
- Makes driving with your Jack Russell safer by keeping him securely confined while on the road.
- Easy to install―just slip or buckle the strap over the headrest and buckle in by threading the seatbelt through.
- Durable mesh sides allow your furry friend to view his surroundings and serves as easy access to your dog.
- When not in use, the carrier folds flat for easy and space-saving storage.
- Available in different sizes.
Make every ride more enjoyable with the HDP Deluxe Lookout Dog Booster Car Seat. Because your furry friend loves to look out the window during every adventure, this booster car seat allows him to do just that. Made from a durable 600 denier polyester, it easily attaches to most vehicles in seconds—and the adjustable straps that go around the headrest and seat allow you to pick the perfect height.
The bottom is reinforced with a metal frame to keep the seat from bottoming out, and it’s luxuriously padded to make it a comfy ride the entire way.
- Satisfies your Jack Russell’s natural urge to look out the window while keeping him safe and secure.
- Easily attaches to the passenger seat of most vehicles with adjustable straps that allow for custom height.
- Safety strap attaches to the harness or collar to prevent jumping out; metal frame keeps the seat from collapsing.
- The padded bottom offers a comfy ride and the extra pockets are great for storing poop bags, treats, or small toys.
- Holds dogs up to 20 pounds and measures 14.2 x 9 x 14.2 inches; folds to 2.5 inches for easy storage.
Your Jack Russell can travel in comfort and style with the PetSafe Happy Ride Dog Bed Bucket. This bucket bed helps keep your furry friend comfy while along for a fun car ride. The soft microsuede lining and overstuffed bolster cushion help provide a sense of security for anxious or restless pups.
It features seat belt slits to allow the normal use of your car’s seatbelts while the bed is in place. The adjustable strap is designed for easy set up on any front or back seat with a headrest. It includes a seat anchor and lower strap to help the bed stay put while the car is moving. The durable material also helps protect your seats from fur and other dog messes and is machine washable for easy clean-up.
- This bucket seat is designed to keep your Jack Russell comfortable while along for a car ride.
- Made with soft microsuede lining and an overstuffed bolster cushion—helping to keep your pup comfortable and calm.
- Seatbelt slits allow you to use your car’s seatbelts normally while the bed is in place.
- Features adjustable headrest straps, seat anchors, and lower straps to keep the bed secure while the car is moving.
- Durable and machine-washable material helps protect your car’s seats from fur and other messes.
Keep your Jack Russell friend safe, comfy, and out of the way with the Pet Gear large car booster. Dense foam filling, a microsuede cover , and a removable plush pillow combine to create the perfect place for dogs to snooze while traveling.
The seat stays securely in place using your car’s seat belt, and an adjustable tether secures your furry friend. This ensures your pup doesn’t wander out of the seat or try to climb into your lap for snuggle time when you’re making a left-hand turn. And it’s available in multiple colors to suit your style.
- Keeps Jack Russell safe with no assembly required.
- The tether can be attached to your Jack Russell’s harness to keep them comfortable and secure.
- Reduces driver distraction by preventing your dog from crawling around the car or into your lap.
- Keeps dogs safe by using the seatbelt built into your car to hold the seat in place.
- Features a removable pillow and cover that are both machine washable.
The Benefits of Dog Car Seats
1. They keep your Jack Russell safe
Many dog car seats come with safety belts that snap into place and lock your dog in place. Your Jack Russell can move around in the seat without fear of sliding around or hurtling himself through an open window while you’re driving.
2. They allow your dog to sleep comfortably
One of the best things about dog car seats is that they allow your pup to sleep comfortably – even if it’s just for a short trip or a long road trip.
3. They create a cozy environment for your pup
The very best dog car seats are soft, comfortable, and designed like couches. Your Jack Russell will love sprawled out across the cushioned seat with all his favorite toys, treats, and water bottles within reach so he can stay happy and feeling safe on the road.
4. They reduce travel anxiety
Every Jack Russell has a different level of travel anxiety – depending on where they happen to fall in the spectrum, this can make car rides a miserable experience for both you and your furry friend.
5. They’re more comfortable for senior dogs
Senior dogs need extra attention and care when they’re traveling from place to place. A good dog car seat can make all the difference by keeping them secure and comfortable while you drive. The best ones even have adjustable heights, so you can raise or lower it depending on how tall your Jack Russell is.
Whether you’re taking a road trip with your Jack Russell or just planning a quick jaunt to the grocery store, car rides can be uncomfortable for your dog.
But there are a lot of reasons (apart from safety) why dogs should be strapped in while you drive: It could mean the difference between a pleasant ride and a cramped, miserable one — and that definitely affects your pooch’s physical well-being.